About Target Clinics
What’s a Target Clinic?
Target Clinic is a quick care clinic where Target guests and other members of the community can get basic primary and preventive care from licensed Kaiser Permanente providers. Clinics are open every day and accept most health care plans.
Guests can book appointments online. Kaiser Permanente members can also make appointments by calling 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273) (TTY 711). And walk-ins are welcome at each location until the day’s schedule is full.
Target Clinics offer more than 85 services, from treatment for minor illnesses and injuries to vaccinations to a variety of exams, physicals, and screenings.
What's Kaiser Permanente?
Kaiser Permanente is a health plan that was founded on the idea that everyone deserves a chance to live a healthy life. We offer care and coverage together, so you can get what you need to help you stay on top of your health — all in one convenient place. By connecting care and coverage, Kaiser Permanente makes it easier to get care that fits your life and your schedule.
How do I find a Target Clinic near me?
Visit our homepage to search from more than 17 locations.
What are your hours?
All Target Clinics are open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.. The clinics will be closed on the following holidays:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- July Fourth
- Labor Day
What if I have a medical emergency?
Target Clinics don’t provide emergency care. If you think you or your family member has a medical or mental health emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department.*
How is a Target Clinic different from an urgent care clinic?
Target Clinics provide:
- Care for nonemergency needs, including minor illnesses (like colds, flu, or strep) and minor injuries (like minor cuts, burns, or sprains)
- Preventive care services, including checkups, vaccinations, and some lab and diagnostic testing
Urgent care clinics provide:
- Treatment for illnesses and injuries that aren’t life-threatening but require care within 24 to 48 hours in cases where you can’t see your personal doctor
- On-site X-ray and imaging services (at most locations)
Your care options
Who can get care at Target Clinics?
Target guests and other members of the community can get care provided by Kaiser Permanente at Target Clinics. We offer high-quality, convenient care, whether or not you have a Kaiser Permanente health plan.
Target Clinics welcome patients age 2 weeks and older. We treat children for a wide range of needs, including ear infections, pink eye, bug bites, rashes, and minor illnesses and minor injuries. We also offer exams and physicals.
Patients younger than 18 may need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when they visit. Exceptions include minors who are or have been married, are on active military duty, or whose visits are related to pregnancy, contraception, or a sexually transmitted disease.
What services will the Target Clinics offer?
The Target Clinics offer more than 85 services.
Can I fill my prescriptions at a CVS pharmacy located in Target?
If you’re Kaiser Permanente member:
- Eligible members who get a new prescription during a Target Clinic visit can fill the first prescription at the CVS pharmacy located at the same Target. After that, all refills must be filled at a Kaiser Permanente pharmacy. Ask our Target Clinic staff if you’re eligible for a one-time fill. Your regular office visit copay, coinsurance, or deductible applies.
- Please note that if you’re a Kaiser Permanente Medicare member, you can’t fill any prescriptions at a CVS pharmacy. But you can fill prescriptions at any Kaiser Permanente pharmacy.
If you’re not a Kaiser Permanente member:
- You can fill your prescriptions at the CVS pharmacy located in Target if you have a health plan that’s accepted by CVS pharmacies.
- If you’re not sure, contact your health plan to see if CVS pharmacies are included in its pharmacy network.
If you don’t have health coverage:
- You can pay out of pocket for your prescription at the CVS pharmacy in Target.
About your visit
Do I need an appointment, or can I just walk in?
You can book an appointment online. Kaiser Permanente members can also make same-day appointments by calling 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273) (TTY 711).
Walk-ins are also welcome if there are spots available. If a clinic’s schedule is full, you may need to make an appointment for another day.
Who will treat me at a Target Clinic?
Target Clinic locations will be staffed by Kaiser Permanente licensed nurse practitioners and licensed vocational nurses, with doctors available by phone or video.
What should I expect during my visit?
Care at Target Clinics is provided by licensed Kaiser Permanente providers, so you can expect high-quality, compassionate care from teams that are focused on helping you get healthy and stay healthy. And if you’re a Kaiser Permanente member, the care you get at Target Clinic is connected to your electronic health record, so your doctor will know what care you’ve received at the clinic and your Target Clinic providers can easily see your health history for faster, more efficient care.
When you get to the Target Clinic, you’ll check in at the front desk and get an approximate wait time, if any. You’ll be asked for your health plan member ID card and a photo ID. When it’s time, a caregiver will bring you into the clinic and check your vitals. After your visit, you’ll get a summary of your visit and you may be asked to complete a survey about your experience. If you need a follow-up visit, you may be able to have it at the Target Clinic.
Will these Target Clinics be able to help Spanish-speaking patients?
Yes. Our clinics offer Spanish-language check-in and registration. If needed, caregivers can also use interpreter services.
I’m a Kaiser Permanente member. Will information from my Target Clinic visit be available to my personal doctor and other Kaiser Permanente providers?
Yes. Target Clinics are connected to your electronic health record, which means the care you get there will be added to your medical history.
Coverage and payment
What types of coverage will the clinics accept?
Target Clinics treat members with Kaiser Permanente coverage. We also accept coverage from:
- UnitedHealthcare PPO
- Blue Shield of California PPO
- Medicare fee-for-service plans
- Medi-Cal fee-for-service plans
Additional health plans may be accepted in the future. If you’re not sure, call your health plan to see if it covers services at Target Clinics.
Do you need to use your health coverage to get care?
No. You’re also welcome to pay out of pocket.
How much does a visit cost?
For Kaiser Permanente members:
- Your cost for services at a Target Clinic will be the same as or very similar to what you’d pay at any other Kaiser Permanente location.
- You’ll pay the same copay, coinsurance, or deductible that you’d pay for a visit with your Kaiser Permanente doctor. In some cases, you may pay less.
If you’re not a member:
- No problem. We accept a variety of non–Kaiser Permanente health coverage. You’ll typically pay a copay, coinsurance, or deductible payment, depending on your plan details.
- Learn more about coverage that’s accepted.
If you don’t have health coverage:
- You can still get care at a Target Clinic and pay out of pocket.
- A standard office visit will cost $85, which covers most minor illnesses, injuries, and skin treatments.
- Additional services, like lab tests and exams, will cost more — usually between $10 and $40 each, depending on the service.
Will I need to pay for my appointment during my visit?
Yes. You’ll be asked to make a payment when you check in for your appointment.
What types of payments do you accept?
We accept major credit and debit cards, including health savings account (HSA) cards.